Since the late 1970's and early 1980’s liquid soaps and shower gels have gained massive traction in the skin care market. These are mostly made of cheap and nasty petroleum based chemicals, manmade fragrance oils and colours, these liquid soaps and shower gels are basically just detergents with skin conditioning additives added to prevent to immediate harshness of these detergent petro chemicals on your skin.
Love Bobbie believes that a good handmade soap bar is far superior for your skin and our environment and home.
Here are our reasons why we prefer solid soap bars and why we would never use liquid detergents:
- Minimal packaging. Shower gels and body washes are packaged in single use plastic bottles made with petrochemicals. By using bar soap you are helping our planet and helping our environment for future generations.
- You will use much less bar soap to wash your hands and body than body wash so it actually works out much cheaper for you and better for our planet.
- No petrochemicals going down your drain and finding it's way into our rivers, creeks and oceans.
- Handmade bar soap is made with a minimal carbon footprint. Handmade soap is made with pure natural ingredients, whereas shower gels are made with chemicals mainly petroleum products that have a large carbon footprint.
- Love Bobbie hand made soaps are palm oil free, so you can be reassured that you are not contributing to deforestation of rainforests.
- Many people think that bar soap is unhygienic. This is not true – the ph of handmade soap is usually around 10 – not very conducive to growing bacteria – and even if it did, as soon as you place the soap under the water any bacteria would be washed away.
- Plastic bottles of petrochemicals have been found to harbour bacterias and moulds.
- Our skin has an acid mantle that acts to protect our skin – even when we wash with a soap that has a ph of 10, our skin very quickly restores the protective acid mantle.
- Handmade soap has a high percentage of glycerine – this is produced as a by product of the soap making process – it acts as a humectant and draws moisture to itself. This helps to reduce any ‘dried out’ feeling that commercial soap can leave on your skin. Many people who use Love Bobbie's handmade soap don't need to use moisturisers on their skin.
- At Love Bobbie, we use only skin loving oils that work together to leave your skin soft, supple and nourished. These oils are Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil and Soy Oil.
- Our colours in our soaps are natural clays, spices, herbs and cosmetic grade mica's.
- For that aromatherapy experience we only use 100% pure essential oils and our unique essential oil blends are designed to nourish your skin, spirit and soul.
- Each bar of soap made by hand by Love Bobbie is blessed to bring healing, love and peace for all who come into contact with the soap as well as our rivers, creeks and oceans.